The school organises extra-curricular sport under the direction of The Sports Council. The Sports Council forms sub-committees representing Soccer, Football, Tennis, Netball and Hockey. These sub-committees are comprised of the Principal, or his delegate, and a committee of parents, or others, interested in promoting that sport.
The Sport Council meets regularly during the year. At the beginning of each year it elects a Chair who conducts formal meetings.
The Sport Council will sanction the involvement of teams under St. Mark’s name in any local competition.
The Sport Council will ensure formation processes for coaches to support them in their work with students.
The Sports Council will gather coaches and affirm their work and award significant sporting recognition to outstanding players.
A Chairperson heads the sub-committee responsible for that sport and the implementation of the College Sports Policy.
Tasks of the Sport Council sub-committee will be:
- nominate a registration officer
- nominate delegates to local bodies
- control entries
- present names of officials and coaches to sport committees for ratification
- manage finances of that committee
- oversee the selection of College teams to ensure that:
(1) where multiple teams exist in the same age group an
attempt will be made to select teams of equal ability.
(2) ensure that students will compete in their appropriate age
groups unless special circumstances exist where
approval must be sought from the relevant Sporting